Luminous-Lint - for collectors and connoisseurs of fine photography
HOME  BACK>>> Subscriptions <<< | Testimonials | Login | FREE NEWSLETTER

HomeContentsVisual indexesMeade Brothers Studio

 
  
Standard
  
  
Meade Brothers Studio 
Henry William Mathew Meade 
1848 (ca) 
  
Daguerreotype, 1/4 plate 
10.2 x 6.3 cm (4 x 2 1/2 ins) (sight) 
  
National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution 
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Dudley Emerson Lyons, Object number: NPG.85.234 
  
 
LL/80226 
  
Exhibition label (Accessed: 15 February 2018)
While residing in Albany, Henry Meade served as a member of the Albany Burgesses Corps and posed in his uniform for this portrait. Established as a military company in 1833, the corps performed such ceremonial duties as marching in parades and serving as an escort for visiting dignitaries. Meade retained his membership in the company until April 1850, when the Meade Brothers relocated to New York City. 
 

 
  
 
  
HOME  BACK>>> Subscriptions <<< | Testimonials | Login | FREE NEWSLETTER
 Facebook LuminousLint 
 Twitter @LuminousLint