| || |
Church of St. Cyriac, Lacock
1857 (taken) 1900 (ca, print)
Gelatin silver print, from calotype negative
11 x 8 1/2 ins
Written in pencil on verso "Printed by Charles Hill c1910 from c1857 paper negative by Francis Lockey". Lockey was rector of Swainswick near Bath and photographed architecture and landscapes, mostly in Somerset and South Wales in the 1850s. Lockey made negatives 8 x 11 inches and often made prints for use in a Wheatstone stereoviewer. Many of Lockey’s negatives survive in the collections of St. Fagan’s, Cardiff and the Bath Literary and Scientific Institute.