| || |
Hill & Adamson
College Church of St Salvator; two unknown men leaning against the front wall [St Andrews]
9.8 x 10.1 cm
University of Glasgow, Library
Hill and Adamson Collection, GUL Number: HA0415
St Salvator was founded in 1450, with the Chapel one of its original buildings. After the Reformation, it continued as an arts college and since 1904 it has been the University's chapel. The wall in the foreground was taken down in the early 1840s. This image was made from a negative in the Glasgow collection, HA935. An entire corner is torn from the print, not hurting in any way its historical or documentary value.