| || |
Temple of Sabooa [Sabua], Nubia
[Photographic views taken in Egypt and Greece by C. G. Fontaine]
25.0 x 33.9 cm (image)
The Royal Collection
View of the pylon of the Temple of Rameses II (1279-13 BC) at Sabua, partially buried in the sand, with some of the sphinxes and two standing statues of the king still indicating its avenue. The temple, partly rock-cut, was moved four kilometres to the west of its original site when Lake Nasser was created in the 1960s.
Acquired by King Edward VII when Prince of Wales