Luminous-Lint - for collectors and connoisseurs of fine photography
HOME  BACK>>> Subscriptions <<< | Testimonials | Login | FREE NEWSLETTER

HomeContentsVisual indexesA.H. Hemple

 
  
Standard
  
  
A.H. Hemple 
[Girard Avenue Bridge monument] 
[Centennial views of Philadelphia and Fairmount Park] 
1873, 1 April (ca) 
  
Stereoview 
Library Company of Philadelphia 
Accession number: P.9058.175 
  
 
LL/118135 
  
View showing the railroad bridge monument near East River Drive. The sculpted monument, composed of an ornate archway, basin, and plaque commemorates key figures in the construction of the bridge. Names inscribed on the plaque include: Clarke, Reeves, & Co. of the Phoenixville Bridge Works; Samuel L. Smedley, chief engineer and surveyor; and H.A. and J.P. Sims, architects. The bridge, built from 1872-1874, was demolished in 1971.
 
Publisher: Philadelphia: A.W. Fatsinger 
 

 
  
 
  
HOME  BACK>>> Subscriptions <<< | Testimonials | Login | FREE NEWSLETTER
 Facebook LuminousLint 
 Twitter @LuminousLint