| || |
Alexander John Ellis
Rome. Remains of Temple of Faustina and Antoninus (South side)
1841, 11 June, 3.23 - 3.35 pm
National Science and Media Museum
Part of the Ellis group of daguerreotypes, Inventory no: 1890-56-R32
Landscape view in Rome. of the remains of Temple of Faustina and Antoninus now the church of San Lorenzo in Miranda. In the foreground is a man seated on a stool facing the church. To the left is a palisade or fence of wood tree trunks, behind this to the left is a wheeled cart. Parts of houses and tall trees are seen beyond this. Bollards with railings and a gate guard the portico of the church. The church has ten columns with Corinthian capitals, the remnant of the Temple of Faustina and Antoninus. More houses are seen to the right of the image.