| || |
Hill & Adamson
Rev Dr Henry Grey
University of Glasgow, Library
Hill & Adamson Collection, GUL Number: HA0108
Gray (11 February 1778 - 13 January 1859), was a Presbyterian minister from 1801 and in 1808 he married Margaretta Gray. By 1824, he was minister to St Marys, Edinburgh, and on signing the Deed of Demission in 1843 he headed St Mary's Free Church. Gray was a delegate to England and was named Moderator of the General Assembly in 1844. He endowed the Gray Scholarships at New College, Edinburgh, though a testimonial given to him. This image was used in Hill's monumental painting of the Disruption.