Luminous-Lint - for collectors and connoisseurs of fine photography
HOME  BACK>>> Subscriptions <<< | Testimonials | Login | FREE NEWSLETTER

HomeContentsVisual indexesHill & Adamson

 
  
Standard
  
  
Hill & Adamson 
College Church of St Salvator; two unknown men leaning against the front wall [St Andrews] 
n.d. 
  
Salt print 
9.8 x 10.1 cm 
  
University of Glasgow, Library 
Hill and Adamson Collection, GUL Number: HA0415 
  
 
LL/73053 
  
St Salvator was founded in 1450, with the Chapel one of its original buildings. After the Reformation, it continued as an arts college and since 1904 it has been the University's chapel. The wall in the foreground was taken down in the early 1840s. This image was made from a negative in the Glasgow collection, HA935. An entire corner is torn from the print, not hurting in any way its historical or documentary value. 
 

 
  
 
  
HOME  BACK>>> Subscriptions <<< | Testimonials | Login | FREE NEWSLETTER
 Facebook LuminousLint 
 Twitter @LuminousLint