| || |
Photographic van - British Army
1863, 15 December
Published in John Spiller, F.C.S., Assistant Chemist to the War Department "Photography in Application to Military Purposes" in "The Photographic Journal", Volume 8, Dec. 15, 1863, p.410-413.
At Woolwich we have a photographic van, which was constructed and originally used by the Royal Carriage Department. It is four-wheeled, and, being somewhat large in dimensions, is drawn by two horses, which latter are supplied when required from the Military Train service. Some few years ago this van accompanied the troops from Woolwich to Dartford, and enabled Mr. Butter to produce a series of photographs illustrative of camp life.