| || |
Alexander John Ellis
Rome. Remaining columns of the Temple of Nerva and Arco dei Pantali
1841, 3 June, 11.41 - 12.00 noon
National Science and Media Museum
Part of the Ellis group of daguerreotypes, Inventory no: 1890-56-R58
Landscape view of Pompeii [sic]: the Temple of Nerva is seen on the left, with a doorway and fluted pilasters or columns. A gate (the postern gate of Pantani) is on the right through which is seen a four-wheel carriage with awning, drawn by a horse. Behind this street are houses.