| || |
Alexander John Ellis
Rome. The three columns of the Grecostasis (sometimes called the Temple of Jupiter Stator), West side. In the back ground trees of the Senators walk, West side of the Arch of Titus, Wall and Pavillion of Orti Farnese & S. Maria Liberatrice.
1841, 8 June
National Science and Media Museum
Part of the Ellis group of daguerreotypes, Inventory no: 1890-56-R24
View of Rome, The Three Columns of the Grecostasis are seen in the foreground behind a wooden rail fence. Behind this the ground dips. The Arch of Titus is visible in the distance to the left, beyond a group of trees, with the Senators Walk, and the church of Santa Maria Liberatrice on the right with bell-tower. Two two-wheeled carts are seen in front of the Arch of Titus.