|Contents||This theme includes example sections and will be revised and added to as we proceed. Suggestions for additions, improvements and the correction of factual errors are always appreciated.|
88.01 Africa > Improving content on countries
|We are seeking to extend the information and examples we can share on this country.
These points are indicative of topics that could be included on this page and if you have expertise you would like to share now is the time to get in touch.
- Earliest photographs
- Key photographers and their studios
- Major documentary photographic series
- Significant historical events
- Books, magazines and journals - including their covers
- Photographic societies and associations - including outings and meetings
If you are able to assist in any way it is appreciated.
88.02 Africa > Royal Geographical Society Expedition: Nyassa
Malawi was once known as Nyasaland and Lake Malawi was Lake Nyassa. The R.G.S. East African Expedition to Lakes Nyassa & Tanganyika took place in 1878-80 with the purpose of finding a feasible route from Dar-es-Salaam to the Central African Lakes.
- Λ Map of the Route of the R.G.S. East African Expedition to Lakes Nyassa & Tanganyika, 1880, Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society, vol. 2; after p. 784.
Royal Geographical Society Expedition to East Africa 1878-80 (and the search for the Grave of Scottish Cartographer, Keith Johnston)
(Accessed: 9 January 2014)
|Home > Geographical regions > Africa > Malawi |