|Contents||This theme includes example sections and will be revised and added to as we proceed. Suggestions for additions, improvements and the correction of factual errors are always appreciated.|
281.01 Documentary > Improving content on life stages
|We are seeking to extend the information and examples we can share on life stages.
These points are indicative of topics that could be included on this page and if you have expertise you would like to share now is the time to get in touch.
- Earliest photographs where photographers have concentrated on a specific period e.g. babies, children, adolescents, middle age, elderly, dead
- Key photographers who have specialized in a life stage
- Major documentary photographic series
If you are able to assist in any way it is appreciated.
281.02 Documentary > Madonnas
The representation of mother and child in everyday non-religious settings in painting is best demonstrated by the Impressionist painters Mary Cassatt (1844-1926) and Berthe Morisot (1841-1895).
- Λ Nancy Mowll Mathews, 1998, Mary Cassatt: A Life, (New Haven: Yale University Press); Griselda Pollock, 1998, "Mary Cassatt: Painter of Women and Children". In Elizabeth Milroy & Marianne Doezema, Reading American Art. (New Haven)
- Λ Anne Higonnet, 1995, Berthe Morisot, (University of California Press)
|Home > Themes > Documentary > Life stages > Middle age |