|19th and early 20th century photographers
If you have a biography on a significant 19th century photographer from anywhere in the world I would be most interested. For each photographer please provide the following information:
This website will also include images so if you have any please let me know. It is important that this site is as complete as possible so the scanned images can include:
- Full name
- Any commonly used alternative names
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
- Countries and regions where the photographer was active
- A biography
- Details of any published sources
- Archival sources
Please do not send the images until I ask for them.
- Backmarks of carte de visite and cabinet cards (with dates if known)
- Signatures and handwriting samples
- Studio stamps and labels
- Advertising materials - including newspaper adverts
- Any portraits of the photographer
- Any photographs of the studio
If you are already on this website either in:
Many congratulations and I'm interested in receiving a full cv and an artistic statement. I'll also contact you about including some example images but please don't send them through until I ask. Publications for inclusion should be sent via snail mail to the address on the
Contact us page.
Many thanks for your interest.